Application to receive one of our Service Dogs
Eligibility Requirements - Applicants must be:
1) Fill out our application to reserve your spot in line. (APPLY BUTTON BELOW)
2) Interview with one of our directors to answer questions and make sure a service dog is appropriate for your disability and lifestyle.
3) Meet with one of our fundraising directors and learn how you can help support our organization while we are hard at work training your dog.
4) Once we have a dog that is appropriate for your needs we begin training it for the tasks that would be most beneficial to you. This can take anywhere from 3-6 months.
5) You will spend at least two weeks training with your dog.
We have the right to deny service dogs for many reasons. If your application does not appear to be a good fit for a service dog we will let you know as soon as possible.
The Exceptional Pet does not train balance dogs, seizure alert dogs, or guide dogs for the blind. We are only accepting applications for Psychiatric Service Dogs at this time. Once those needs are met we will accept applications for other disabilities.
We are focusing on the immediate area until those needs are met. Please do not apply if you live more than 30 miles away from
The Exceptional Sidekick is a non-profit organization that transform lives by identifying, raising, and training exceptional Psychiatric Service Dogs to match -- at no cost -- with children and adults suffering from psychiatric disabilities, while engaging and educating the community in the process.
Copyright 2017 The Exceptional Sidekick Service Dogs